Monday, July 27, 2009

Locked Out

So, I locked us out of the apartment last night. Yep. We were on our way out the door. I was going to drive, and instead of grabbing the car keys with the house key on them, I only grabbed the keys for the parking garage. I realized it as soon as I locked the handle and shut the door. I just looked at Josh and said, "I don't have any keys!" He didn't either. We just looked at each other and didn't know if it was funny or horrible, or both. "What are we going to do!" in my most whiney voice. We climbed over our back porch (that was fun) to try to get in the sliding doors. Nope.

We thought about getting some last minute tickets to Spamelot in LA this week. We decided to give our money to a locksmith instead.

Rachael: "I'm such an idiot!"

Josh: "No you're not. It's okay."

Rachael: "You're so nice to me!"

Josh: "I do stupid things all the time. If I'm nice to you when you do something stupid, then you'll be nice to me when I do something even more stupid."

3 comments:

  1. Aw you guys are so cute! I miss you! Hope things are going well with the residency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you don't have a window to climb through like I do when I lock myself out. PS- I owe you a phone call back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta boy Josh. Scored bonus points with the wife and got out of seeing a musical. I should be taking notes.

    ReplyDelete