Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Another Night

I'm just sitting at home, watching HGTV, about to finish reading my new James Rollins book. I've got to get in my "fun reading" while I still have a chance!

Josh has been working third shift for the past 6 nights, filling in for a third shift manager that recently transferred. Tonight is his seventh and last night! Yay! It hasn't been too bad, I guess He likes the people he works with, I don't have to get ready in the morning in the dark, and he gets 5 days off when he's done! He also was able to have a great conversation about his faith with one of his co-workers last night.

My residency hasn't gotten too crazy yet. I am "chief resident" for the first quarter, so I'm in charge of scheduling and helping lead all our meetings, organizing recruiting events, setting up travel arrangements, and taking care of all the little details that arise. I like planning and organizing, so it's fun, but there's a lot to do! Other than that, my current Safe Medication Practices rotation is pretty laid back.

We went to Mission Beach a couple times last week. We are loving that beach! I schooled Josh on the boogie board. What can I say, I love the water! But we played tennis tonight, and he definitely kicks my butt in that. I'm getting better!

I'm sure no one really cares to read all these mundane details about our life, but I wanted to write it down so I remember life before it got insane!

2 comments: