Saturday, March 6, 2010

Responsibly Irresponsible

I'll admit, I skipped some class in college. Mostly in undergrad, when classes were often a waste of my time. I didn't skip IMPORTANT classes, only classes where I knew the professor was going to blab on about something I'd already learned or could just read about on my own. I was very responsible about skipping. I only missed classes that I knew would have no effect on my grade if I wasn't there. I mean, seriously, chem discussion? Biggest waste of my time, ever.

I was much better in pharmacy school, when I actually needed to know what I was learning for my job one day. Although there was the occasional Friday afternoon class that was REALLY hard to go to...

I kind of miss skipping classes. It was such a great feeling, to be out golfing, or driving back to Davenport, or sitting at home hanging out with roommates, or at the mall, or out biking, or sleeping in, and knowing that you COULD have been at class right now but you're NOT! I loved that feeling. I can't really have that feeling anymore. It's not like I can just "skip" work. Work is just a bit more important than a 50 minute microeconomics class. But I do look back with fondness on my college days where the occasional missed class was like a mini-vacation in the middle of the day. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever go to micro? I went, but I don't think I listened.

    Siiigh. I miss skipping classes too!

    ReplyDelete