Saturday, October 3, 2009

TV Time Nonsense

So, I always thought that when a show time said "8:00, 7:00 central," it meant that it was on at 8 eastern, 7 central, 6 mountain, and 5 pacific. (though I wasn't really sure how THAT worked either...) But APPARENTLY, it means the show is on at 8:00 EVERYWHERE and at 7:00 only in the central time zone. Weird!

BUT, if it is something that is live and it says the time is "8:00 eastern" and doesn't mention central, then it means 8 eastern, 7 central, 6 mountain, and 5 pacific. Which is why I have to get up way too early on Saturday mornings to watch my Hawkeye football games and stay up way to late to watch Conan.

So confusing!

3 comments:

  1. I will readily admit that I also had NO idea how TV times worked! Haha - thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird. i didn't have a clue about this either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats odd, all of the TV here shows at the same time as it does in the central zone. Its just that its an hour earlier there. We have to stay up really late to watch the 11 news and well after midnight to see any kind of late night show, its really crazy. But people also don't go to work until 9:30 or 10 either, also crazy to me.

    ReplyDelete