Saturday, October 24, 2009

Commuting Craziness

We went to Pacific Beach Alehouse to watch the Hawkeye game tonight. (YEAH HAWKS! Last second win! You can't DO that to me!)

Anyway, we sat with some other Iowa fans that live in Orange County. One of the girls is a PA at a hospital in LA, and she drives TWO AND A HALF HOURS ONE WAY to get to work. What?! For real?! I've heard of people doing that, but I always thought that maybe it was a rumor. I have never actually MET someone that does that. Crazy! That's over 20% of your day driving! I am simply flabbergasted.

Her new husband wants to move back to Iowa, but she doesn't want to because she's from California. If moving to Iowa meant I didn't have to spend 5 hours driving to and from work, I'm pretty sure I'd move to Iowa.

Go Hawks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment