Friday, July 31, 2009

Josh's first entry (uh oh!)

So I thought I should try my hand at this whole blogging thing. I may not be as witty as Rachael but maybe I'll have some interesting or funny things to say that might just get you to crack a smile, or even laugh!

Well I've been working now for a month and a lot has happened. It started off with the usual Walgreens shifts; 7:30am-4pm, 3-11pm, or a mid-shift of 11am-7:30pm. I don't know what it was, maybe that my manager didn't like me, people were lazy or the usual Walgreens way of stubborn old-timers locked in their ways of doing things but, I was not enjoying it. I made it through that first week a little distraught, how was I going to continue this and actually get some enjoyment out of it? I'll tell you one thing I definitely miss my old store.

My store currently only had one 3rd shift manager (at the time), so all the other managers alternated in and out at the other 3rd shift slot and my second week at El Cajon Walgreens was all mine. Thinking that things couldn't really get much worse I was actually looking forward to it. To make things short it was great! The co-workers were great, I was able to teach them a lot of things that they did not already know so I felt helpful, the hours were awesome at 11-8am, I was able to get a lot done productivity-wise and apply all the skills that I had built up over the last few years and I even had a spiritual conversation with an employee (but don't tell Walgreens, shhhh). After that first week I was so pumped up that I told my store manager that I wanted the shift for good. Not only do I now get to hang out with Rachael every night after she gets off work but, I work eight days on and get the following six days off, sweeeeet!

I just finished up my second week of 3rd shifts up and I'm still enjoying it! I've even had time to go play frisbee golf after work some mornings when I feel up to, although I'm not so keen on paying $2.50 everytime I want to go play.

Although work hasn't been as smooth of a transition as I would have liked everything else has kind of fallen into place, thank you God!

1 comment:

  1. Josh...Josh...Josh, Josh, Josh, Josh!

    Enjoy your six days off.

    ReplyDelete