Saturday, February 20, 2010

End of a Hiatus

I received a sweet email from my grandma yesterday, and she subtly hinted her disappointment that I had abandoned our blog. Truthfully, I have been rather disappointed in myself for not having the discipline to regularly write, and her little prod must have been all I needed to pick it up again. (And maybe the fact that I just watched Julie&Julia.)

It is shame to not chronicle this time of our lives and all of our new experiences in this new place. I know I would love to have a journal of this time during which we are seeing so much and growing so much. However, I am not convinced that I have much to write about that anyone would really care to read.

My life right now is made up of working way too much and doing outdoor activities during a time of year when in all my past years, the weather would not have dreamed of allowing it. I am pretty sure no one wants to hear about the life of a pharmacist, and I am VERY sure that few people back home want to hear that we spent the afternoon at the beach in February.

So I must resign myself to the idea that I am writing for myself and Josh, and not for anyone else. If anyone finds an interest in our ramblings of southern California life, wonderful. If not, I must still write for I will regret it otherwise.

Thanks, grandma, for the motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment